Wed, Mar 23|
SUCCESSion Planning Panel: Key considerations before, during & after the sale
Time & Location
Mar 23, 2022, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EDT
About the Event
The decision to sell your business is a big one. Maybe you’ve put a lot of thought into it or perhaps it’s not yet a major consideration – either way, it’s important to understand the full spectrum of the planning process so you’re prepared when the time comes. You’re invited to attend an upcoming webinar, SUCCESSion Planning Panel: Key considerations before, during & after the sale, from 1 – 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 23 – when we will talk about what you need to know if you’re thinking about selling or transitioning your business.
Join MGA and Rehmann, as Mike Powell, Rehmann Principal and manufacturing practice leader moderates a lively panel discussion on transition planning. During this one hour session you will hear from a variety of advisors with expertise in each of the transition planning stages –before the sale, during the transition and after the sale. Topics covered will vary from how to prepare for the sale of your business, due diligence, HR considerations, tax planning strategies, gifting your business and post-transition preparations.
- How to determine the right time to sell. We’ll talk through the essential questions to ask yourself about your business, the importance of knowing what your organization is worth (and is it enough to retire on or to move on to another venture?), and help identify the people to surround yourself with during this critical, and likely emotional, time in your life.
- The right next steps once you decide to sell. From financial due diligence to HR and more, we’ll cover what to do once you decide the time to sell is now, or sometime in the future.
- Essential tax considerations. Our experts will break down the critical components of tax planning when going through a business transition, so you’re prepared for the sale itself as well as the days following. ‘
- After the sale. We’ll discuss what are the opportunities and obstacles that someone may face during this transition, is the financial impact of selling in-line with your expectations for life during retirement and more.
Who should attend:
- Please join us if you’re one of the many family-owned, closely held businesses considering selling or transitioning your business now or in the future. This webinar is for anyone interested in strategies to consider for optimizing your financial position today and well into the future.
Rehmann is a fully-integrated financial services firm of CPAs and Business Consultants, Wealth Advisors and Corporate Investigators. Link